The music course is intended for children in Kiga and PP. The course contents are adapted to the age and the linguistic background of the participants and are suited for children speaking German as a native, second or foreign language. The main focus is to have the children experience music in an imaginative and playful way. My qualifications and experience as a speech scientist, jazz musician and woodwind player allow me to pave the children’s way to intensive encounters with their own voice, rhythmic elements and the recorder.
Skills and competencies covered in the course:
• body and spatial awareness
• rhythmic education (with voice, body and instruments)
• singing, solmization, voice and speech training suitable for the children’s voice
• motion and improvisational dance
• first explorations of Orff instruments
• basics of recorder playing
• elementary knowledge about instruments (describe, listen, try)
• playful and action-oriented experiences with music theory
• active music listening
Susann Stephan has a Master‘s Degree (diploma) in speech science. She has worked as a freelancing musician and as a clarinet, saxophone and early musical education teacher at music schools, kindergartens and university in Halle/Saale (Germany) for more than ten years. Over the past two years she worked as a music and classroom teacher at the primary section of the German School in Santa Cruz (Bolivia).